Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My standard hair care routine is pretty simple. For all of you people who wash your hair everyday, this is definitely not the hair routine for you unless you want to learn how to regulate the oils in your hair so that you don't have to wash it every single day.  Now to start out, I wash my hair twice a week ON A BAD WEEK. usually once, depending on what I plan to do with it. Gross..? Maybe... but my hair honestly doesn't need it. As time goes on, my hair gets drier with each day of not washing it. Another amazing thing about it, is that I wear my hair down every day, until I go to work (I have to wear it up) and it still manages to stay non-oily.

On to the actual products... Before I shower I HAVE to comb out my hair or there is no way I will be able to comb through it when it is wet, or at all for that matter. I wash my hair with the Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo. It's a bit pricy -- $25 or something for one bottle or something like that... I got a deal at target that was buy one get on free and I honestly don't go through shampoos quickly what-so-ever so I can justify this purchase. I have had this since June I believe and I am barely one-third of the way through (of my first bottle) and then I get out of the shower and use the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque. I leave this on for 5-10 minutes and then get back in the shower and rinse it out. Now this stuff is a DREAM. My hair feels awesome after I use this. It is so thick and moisturizing which is exactly what my hair needs. This I have gone through a bit quicker, I am almost finished with my first 8.5oz container. I can probably get maybe another month out of it. While I am rising the masque out, I comb through my hair with a wide tooth comb. Once I'm out of the shower I squeeze the excess water in my hair (my hair retains water like crazy) and then I add Coconut Milk by Organix and a tiny bit of Moroccan Argan Oil by Organix. I flip my hair upside-down, shake it out, and let my hair find its natural part and then I let it air dry.

Every morning I wake up and take vitamin E, B-complex, and A -- all of which are good for your hair. Making it thicker, shinier, and healthier. Then I run a bit of Moroccan Argan Oil through my hair and depending on how my hair dried I will lightly run a curling iron through the front to enhance the waves.

Nothing too special about this routine, other than before my perm mishap, my hair was in the best condition I have ever had it in. Now, I'm hoping continuing this, or maybe switching up my shampoo to a more moisturizing shampoo will do the trick? In the meantime, I am also doing a month-by-month hair growth monitor to see if my hair is growing faster, slower, or the same at the 1/2 inch per month. Fingers crossed it's more.

XO - Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment