Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Wedding Hair

I said I would put in some pictures of my hair from the wedding, But before you see the pictures, I'm going to write, step-by-step how to do it. I realize that this may not be the way for everyone to learn how to do this updo, but hopefully for those of you who learn by reading instead of demonstrations, this can help you!

First things first, second day hair works best, however you can use freshly washed hair. Spray a heat protectorate all through your hair. We are using heat on your hair and we don't want to damage your hair more, so even if you think this is a silly step, do it anyways! Next, we are using about a 3/4 of an inch curling iron. Yes I said it, a curling iron, none of that curling wand crap we have today. We are using your standard curling iron, which every girl in the entire world should learn to use. Don't get me wrong, I love my curling wand, but a good ole' curling iron just gives you a different look.

After the curling iron is hot, split your hair into sections if you have a lot of hair like me. Use about 1inch of less of a width to curl each time. Start about halfway down the shaft and curl away from you face. (With your hair in the clasp) then let go of the hair, and do the same thing starting from the very bottom of your hair and curl all the way up to the root, away from your face. Do this all over your hair, adding hair spray as needed. If you have fringe, do the same thing but only curl from the ends to halfway up the shaft. This takes me about 15 minutes to do.

I know what you're thinking once this is finished but do not do it! Do not shake out/brush out the curls. You are pinning the hair up, we want messy curls around the top, not that sexy shaken out look. I know you probably look ridiculous right now, and that's okay, I looked like that too.

Now deciding which parts to bobby pin back are the hardest. If you have a side part, start with the side that has less hair. Let a couple curls frame your face. (keep more out than you would usually think to because you can always pin back more, it's harder to unpin and repin things) Starting behind your ear, take a chunk of hair, and pin it in the middle. You're going to need quite a few pins to make sure this stays properly.  Your hair should now look as though it is swept to one side, with a few pieces framing the opposite side of your face. Next, do the side with more hair. If you have fringe, or a few extra pieces you want out, keep them out. Pin this side of the hair only about half way to the first pin. You want the illusion of a large, full pony tail. Pin back your fringe, or leave it out if you like. Mine was half pinned, half out really.

Finally add TONS of hair spray, make sure your bobby pins are secure, and that your hair does not feel loose in any section. I was ready to go at like 11:00am and my hair stayed perfect until I took it out the next morning. There were a couple hair spray touches before the wedding, and maybe an extra bobby pin or two added in after changing into my bridesmaid dress, but other than that nothing. It lasted through the pictures, the wedding, more pictures, eating, and dancing. Most of it was all outside too, so you can imagine how well this hair style held up.

Now here are some pictures of the front, the side and the back, all taken at different times throughout the night. The back, and the side picture is taken right before I went to sleep, so the curls were starting to loosen up, but not too much.













Hopefully, this helped you out on if you needed some sort of prom, wedding or special occasion hair style. Maybe you can use this hairstyle for something! Any questions? Just Ask! I am happy to help!

XO - Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment