Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Heatless Hair Hunt... Failure

Hi loves! I am again on the hunt for some heatless hairstyles. Mostly curls. I love curling my hair. I watched a great tutorial the other night and did what it said. I failed... But I am determined to make it work! I watched this tutorial and figured I could easily do the same.

Here is where I went wrong..
1. I have much thicker hair then this lovely lady... so I needed more curlers.
2. I'm pretty sure I curled too tight
3. I'm also sure I curled too close to the root.

If you didn't check out StilaBabe09's hair tutorial, it's a heatless hair style using the conair spiral rollers. I got mine from target for... $14 however you can get there online here for $10.

Here is what the rollers look like.


I did as the tutorial said... I washed my hair, put my favorite hair products in and began to wrap.
I think it might be a little bit more helpful for me if I dry my hair halfway/let it air dry halfway before wrapping my hair. That's the new step that I will try out tonight.

If you watched the tutorial followed, then you'll see that mine are much more tightly wrapped as well.


Lastly... here is the unfortunate event that we call my hairstyle for work today.

Thankfully, I just threw it in a bun on top of my head and hoped for the best in that scenario. Clearly, my face in these pictures show that this is NOT how I hoped my hair would turn out. I'm pretty sure I look like I came straight out of the 80's with the horrific perms they used to do. I'm pretty sure if I put a pictures of my mom from the 80's and this picture above right next to each other you would think we had our hair done in the same era.

Womp Womp. If any of you heatless hair lovers can tell me a different way to wrap my hair to make these work... I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER. Seriously. I want these to work so bad. I never straighten my hair because it is just way too damaging. But I ALWAYS curl it or it's in some wild bun on the top of my head. Which isn't exactly the most professional look for my job. So I need to cut that out.

HELP!

XO-Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment