Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What age should you start using eye creams?

Hey beauties!

I have been running into this question for quite sometime. Since I have started my new job where I do a lot of skin type consultations and such, I keep wondering when the right time is to start using eye cream?

If you didn't know, I am 21 years old. Is your 20's the right time to start? Should you do it earlier or later? What I have come to the conclusion of, when looking at articles, and in my job, is that it depends on your skin type.

If you have dry skin, you want to start earlier. Dry skin wrinkles much easier and faster than those with oily skin. I have EXTREMELY dry skin, so I have a few eye cream samples that I've been dabbling in.

Why do we use eye creams you may ask? -- The skin around the eye is extremely thin compared to the rest of your face. This area is prone to wrinkles quicker than the rest of your face. Crows feet and dark under eye circles are problems that occur in many people at various ages. Eye creams generally combat under-eye circles, puffiness, and fill in line.  I think the thing that people don't fully understand, is that they are using them too late in life.

Using an eye cream is a great preventative method however, I realize that it is extremely annoying to have an extra step in your routine. I would say, start when you're in your twenties! It is good for your skin!! I have only been using an eye cream for about a week, but I can already tell that my concealer looks much smoother.

Let me know if you use one or not! Is it all just hype or is it really worth it?

XO-Stacey

1 comment:

  1. This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention. http://hairstylesg.com

    ReplyDelete