Monday, September 2, 2013

DIY Dollar Store Fall Wreath

Today I have a bit of a different post. I was really interested in making a fall wreath and kind of changing up the decor in my living room a bit to make it more fall appropriate since it's already September.

I'm not exactly ready for fall to be here, but it is so I needed to have a Crafty Monday. Now, I made two of these, a really small one which I'll just show you a picture of my mantle and a large one to hang on my door. Unfortunately, the house I am currently living in, I can't put the wreath up on the door because the actual door and the glass door in front of it are too close together... So i just put it in my living room.

Let me start off by saying I spent a total of $11 on the large wreath and $4 on the small one. HOWEVER... the large one can be less expensive and I'll talk about that in just a second.


So here is what you'll need:

18-inche wreath -- I had to get this at JoAnn's because my Dollar Store was all out. (Mine was $5 for the wreath, so if you can find yours at the Dollar Store then you'll be saving more money!)
Leaves -- I purchased 5 packs of leaves to ensure it was very full, however I did see that for $2 at Joann's you could purchase a pack of 30 when mine only came in a pack of 10. (if you didn't catch that, that means more savings) 
Flowers -- This step is optional. I added some fake flowers to add a little extra something to my wreath, but it looked just as good without out them.
Hot Glue Gun -- If you don't have one of these, you can get a really cheap one from Joann's for around $3.

1.  I separated my leaves out, and placed them in a very plain pattern all the way around wreath. A great thing about these leaves though, is that they have wire in them so I attached them by the wire instead of hot-gluing.


2.  Next I started to fill in the inner rim on the wreath so that I could hide most of the wood part. (It's okay if you don't want to do this, it's just personal preference.

3. Then, I added fullness around the outside rim. I filled in any holes that looked a bit sparse. My leaves were looking a bit straight and flat, so I scrunched them up to make them look more leaf-like.

4. Lastly, I cut the flowers off the stems and hot glued them in any sparse areas. This step is optional, but I really like how it looks. I also, sprinkled it with some gold glitter because nothing says fall like gold glitter! This is my Final Result.


This is my fire place after I made the smaller wreath on the far left behind the orange candle. On that one I bought 3 or so fake flower clusters, cut them off, and hot glued them in a circle around the small wreath. I think this was a 9-inch wreath. I really like how this one turned out too.


I hope you liked my Decor DIY. I'm thinking I might do some more of these, especially when my boyfriend and I move into our new house in about a month. We are going to do a bunch of renovating before we move in, so I'd love to show my DIY renovations too.

If you make a wreath like that, send me a picture! Any questions? Comment below. I'm sure I can help!

XO-Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment