Thursday, January 17, 2013

WWCD (What Would Carrie Bradshaw Do?)

This is serious stuff guys, there is this girl that I have classes with, who has GREAT Carrie hair. I wasn't a fan of her hair when it was long, just like normal hair. But she chopped it off and it looks so Carrie-esk. To the point where I almost took a picture of the back of her head because I wanted to recreated it so bad. Instead, I just attempted to recreate it...

I used my small curling wand, but instead of using small pieces of hair, I used about 2-inch sections. I still didn't curl the underneath for fear of losing length. However... TADA... it worked! Or well, semi-worked. It obviously didn't work as well as hers, but it actually ended up being a lot easier than my usual hair style. Think Serena Vanderwoodsen in Gossip Girl mixed with Carrie Bradshaw (with short hair) and that messy, woke up out of bed looking this good, waves. I just shook it out and it gave me some lovely messy waves.




Also, I was bitching about not feeling like I could go shopping... well I went... and I got two sweaters (no big deal) They were on sale and it's way too cold to walk outside without wearing a sweater pants, boots, and a winter coat. But PLEASE look at how great these shoes are. I'm not positive how I feel about the sneaker wedge trend, but I might love it. I like how some of the shoes look, but I found some black ones with silver studs... and they were so freaking perfect. I HAD to check them out and buy them... I wore them with black skinnies and they looked so good. On the plus side, they are way too comfortable for words. Felt like i was wearing real sneakers in the comfort department. I'm still trying to figure out how to style them though. I saw them with skirts and I just can't figure out how I feel about it.



How do you guys feel about this trend? Cute.. or should never be allowed?
 I for some reason am jumping on this band wagon and attempting to make this trend uber adorable.

I'm thinking an updo for short hair tutorial soon, and also maybe a hair growth progress post.  Tomorrow I'm pretty sure I'll straighten my hair and check out what kind of growth is going on... Fingers crossed that it's more than a half inch, but I'm worried it hasn't grown at all.. ugh. Prenatal vitamins may be in my near hair growth future. I need to have this long mermaid hair. Erghhhhh

XO-Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment