Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Look, New Fun

Alright hair-lovers, here I am with a new layout, new name, and everything. I can never just stick to one subject because there is so much I want to talk about. I love fashion, makeup, and hair. I love my relationship with my boyfriend, and his daughter. I love home decor, and I love my job. I want to write about absolutely everything. Do you know what I mean? I want to give my advice on toddlers, clothing, relationships, makeup, hair. I need to do it all. If you don't like that, I'm sorry. We all know I can't just sit around talking about hair all the time. I get too distracted, and once  I find a hair look I don't change it for a long long time.

Speaking of hair; starting this week, I am attempting to go heat-less. I feel like I have said this before. But this is real. I bought a sulfate, and alcohol free shampoo and hair masque. (DermOrganics) So far I am really enjoying it. I really want good hair again.. I know, I'm repetitive but it is very true. Now, I'm looking for some great short hair, heat free ways of styling my hair. Two night ago, I tried rag curls and it was horrendous. I thought it would be fine and used large pieces to make it not as big. No... BIG NO. Biggest hair fail yet... I had an afro. Picture a small, ginger girl with a big afro. Not a good look for me, so I put it up in a pony tail. This morning I ran my hair under the faucet and dried it with a diffuser on the lowest heat setting. I realize that's still using heat but, it isn't as harsh as a curling iron or a straightener. I wasn't a fan of the look, it was just messy wavy-ish thing going on. However, Joe really enjoyed it, so I suppose that means it didn't look as bad as I thought. Right now, my hair is in one of those half up, fishtails, but the fishtail is on one side of the head. I'm thinking tonight I will put my hair in pigtails, but fishtail - pigtails, and see if they wave my hair more attractively. I used to do that with my hair when it was long, and I really liked the effect. Finger's crossed this works. I will take pictures throughout the process and post it tomorrow.

XO-Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment