Monday, March 11, 2013

Sephora Love and Other Goodies

I have a few wonderful things to share with you this Monday; (1). Two people have told me my hair looks really long today, and (2). I have some makeup goodies to share and my thoughts on them!

Over this past weekend, I went to see my sister in Tennessee. For my birthday, she got us Sephora makeovers! Cue heart melt for best present ever.  Friday morning we went to Sephora in hopes of getting completely gorgeous, getting some new products, and learning some more about skin and makeup. We had the most lovely makeup artist! She was a serious blast, and a huge help.

I was looking at BB creams, but was swayed in the way of a medium coverage foundation that is absolutely perfect for my skin type. Let me tell you, it feels like heaven on my face, and I can't even tell I'm wearing makeup. If you have dry skin, I 100% recommend this foundation. Want to know what it is yet?  It's the Make Up Forever Face and Body Foundation. First, lets talk about the packaging. It's a perfect glass bottle with a pump. You get 50mL which is a about 1.7 fluid oz. This is actually a very good deal considering most foundations are only 1 fluid oz. The shade that I am in is 20 (there are two lighter shades on the website but not in the store), and it's still a tad dark for me, but I have translucent skin, and if they made a clear foundation, it still probably wouldn't match. Ginger skin is the WORST for matching with makeup. However, the makeup artist told me that when you have freckles, you should always go a shade darker because your face is always a bit darker than the rest of your body because of the freckles. Who would have guessed that?? Not me! The best part about this foundation is that it is a little more than 70% water. It's a super watery foundation, but us dry skin ladies, this is perfect. It goes on my skin so smoothly. I've used my fingers and a flat top kabuki brush and both worked well. I can tell my t-zone loves the moisture because it's not flaky at all. No matter what foundation I have used it clings to the dry spots and just looks awful. But this foundation is a dream. At $40, I honestly think I will constantly be repurchasing this because I love it so much.


The second product I purchased was a Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, at $28 it seems a bit pricy but boy did it stick. I got it in the shade Chantilly, which is the lightest of the shades. My thing with concealers is that I can never get them to stay long enough on my acne. I get hormonal acne only on my chin, and it's dry and annoying. This stuff, covered it up and stuck to it like a dream. All day long it stayed on. I was so unbelievably happy about it. I also really enjoyed it under my eyes. The only downfall, is the I need a good eye cream because my under-eye area is always dry and when it's not hydrated properly the concealer doesn't look as smooth as it should. This happens with me for any concealer so super hydrating eye cream isn't a huge deal, I just need to purchase it.


I bought a brow product, that I thought I would never need to purchase. I always just used a shadow to fill in my brows and thought it was perfectly fine. And then, the makeup artist used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Caramel on me and HOLY CRAP. First of all, it was the most perfect color match I have ever seen. My eyebrows looked unbelievable. Even my sister said it was amazing and she's not a huge make up person. Eyeshadow usually wears down a bit throughout the day, but this stuff stayed on all day and night until I took it off. I can't say enough good things about this pencil because it was so amazing. The price was $21, which is actually a lot less that I was expecting. It is still a little bit on the pricy side of things, but depending on how long it lasts it could be a steal. They have 5 different shades, and there is a spooley (how do you spell that word???) on the end and it is unbelievably amazing. It is also paraben, sulfate, and phthalates free which we all know I love and adore.
 The last thing I bought at Sephora is my new favorite thing that I need to purchase in EVERY POSSIBLE COLOR EVER. At $18 a pop, it's the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar. Now if you haven't heard of this, it's the greatest thing ever. and if you have, you already know how great it is. I got the color Strumpet which is a purpley/fuchsia/red color. They have 37 different colors (some of them being very off the wall colors) however they can be easily mixed with one another and they come with a lip brush. It's made without parabens and the colors are so pigmented it's unreal. The makeup artist put it on my lips and I fell in love. I got so many compliments on my lip color that day, it was wild. you MUST MUST MUST have your lips super moisturized and flake free before you use it or it will stick and not look very pretty. It stays on basically all day. I never needed to touch up but I did put on chapstick a few times for my lips began to feel dry. It left a great stain to my lips and wore so well. It was definitely matte, so if you aren't a fan of matte lip products you probably won't enjoy this as much. But lord, am I in love with this stuff. I cannot wait to go back and purchase more colors.


These last three things are from the drugstore that I'm just going to mention fairly quickly, and not rant about like I did the others. I went to Meijer the other day, and they were having a sale on makeup as usual so I had to try things out. Also, my Meijer just started carrying NYX Cosmetics and I had to buy something. So I bought a Nyx Matte lip cream (which I love and can't wait to purchase more of), another Revlon Kissable Lip Stain Balm in Lovesick (not my favorite, but it's still pretty wonderful) and the Mega Plush Mascara which is really weird. I don't think I like how the brush is so flimsy and I also don't think the formula is very build-able. I tried to put two coats on and the second coat made my eyelashes look weird. They were super long, but super thin, and they stuck together making it look like I didn't have many eyelashes. Also, my eyelashes didn't stay curled very long with it either. I'm going to keep using it to decide it the formula changes at all once it's been opened but it's not my favorite at the moment.

If you try out or have any of these products, let me know what your thoughts on them are!

XO-Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment