Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fake Tan for Dummies

Hello Beauties,

I have a product, that I am absolutely in love with for fake tan. Now, clearly I have a really pale skin. I'm a red head, but naturally my skin may have well be translucent. All I want out of a tanning product is something that is going to make my skin look alive. Seriously, picture every single zombie movie you have ever seen. The zombies dead lifeless skin? Yeah that's what mine looks like. The color is extremely build-able. I look pretty tan the first day and then it fades to just a nice glow.

If you want a dark tan, this product can surely achieve that pretty easily. It is said to be comparable to the St. Tropez tanning mouse. Are you ready to see what it is?
It's the Tanwise Tanning Mouse from Sally Beauty. It's 12.99 regularly online. I'm pretty sure I bought it for $10.99 at the store.  They usually have some coupon deal going on where you can get it cheaper.

If you don't like tanning mouses, they also carry a lotion and a spray. I'm more partial to the mouse though.

For every self tanning junkie, you'll already know what to do to apply it. For those of us that are fake tan dummies, here is the best ways I have found to get your skin ready and apply. You need to shave your legs first. Shaving acts as an exfoliate for your legs and plus you just need smooth legs if you are planning to show them off.  Next you should hop into the shower and use some soft of body scrub all over. Pat your skin dry, and you are ready to go! You could shave your legs after you shower, but I have found that when I do that and apply the self tanner, I get little dots all over my legs from the hair follicles being open,  I like to use rubber gloves or a tanning mit so I don't get it on my hands.

The problem with self tanners: a) The Smell and b) Our Hands/Feet/Ankles/Elbows/Knee areas that look weird.

I have solved both of these problems! Actually, Tanwise solved the smell. This product legit smells like pina coladas. EXACTLY like it. I never had a developing tan smell which was AWESOME. For letter b, I have come up with a way to do all of these areas and not have them look weird. When putting on your self tanner, go around your elbows and knees, don't put the product on them yet. Only put the product all the way to your wrist, and your ankles but don't get it on your ankles. Here's the time consuming part, but it is the perfect way to blend these areas. Take a makeup sponge and get it wet. Then apply half a pump onto the sponge. Apply to your hands, feet, ankles and knees. Then on the clean side or your sponge, (it should still be damp) run this along the sides of your hands, where your wrist and hands meet and the sides of all your fingers and knuckles. Do this same kind of process around your knees, elbows, and feet. WALLAH!! Your lines are seamlessly perfect and you don't have any weird harsh lines. I realize it's a bit time consuming, but I'd rather it look good.

In the morning you should wash off your body to rinse the outer layer off, and underneath is your tan. If that's not enough color for you, add another layer. If it is, moisturize and you are good to go! I adore this stuff and cannot say enough good things about it.

Let me know if you try this out! Comment below and tell me if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment