Monday, August 5, 2013

What's to Come?

As summer comes to a close, and I am officially finished with school, the question becomes now what? In the mean time of looking for my first big girl job, I will still be at my serving job. What in the world will I do with all my down time? I've always worked around 40 hours a week, along with taking 21 credit hours. I feel as though I have so much down time in my life now, that I quite literally have no idea what to do.

On this down time, I have come up with a few things that will potentially be helpful to keep me busy:

1. First thing is first, I have to start taking my dog on at least one  walk a day. I used to never take him on walks because he is the same size as me and has much more muscle than me. Too many times have I attempted to take him on walks, and it ended badly for me. Now he is in the recovery process of his first extremely painful pinched nerve that made him paralyzed, he has virtually no muscle in his front legs anymore. So I'm going to walk him once a day, until he builds up more muscle and then twice a day. Since he doesn't have as much muscle mass in his legs, it is making it a heck of a lot easier for me to retrain him on walks.

2. I want to start running. I know what you're thinking.."Stacey, come on, you tell us you want to work out every month and then never do it." This is serious though! My boyfriend and I are planning on running together. We are going to go out and purchase new running shoes and he is going to train me. I legitimately cannot run a mile. He however, can run like it's nothing. My sister is training to be in a half marathon right now, and she wakes up at 6 am EVERY MORNING before work and runs. She is so much more toned from her training and I'm jealous of her bod. If she can do it, I can, right? Also my boyfriend and I are taking a new turn when it comes to eating right. We are only keeping one unhealthy snack for ourselves in the house. If we eat it all, that is it until the next time we go grocery shopping. His is a bag of chips, mine is Oreos. NOM NOM. We are also trying to cook more at home, because we spend a ridiculous amount of money on fast food, or going out to eat...

3. More Video's and Blogs! With all this time on my hands, making videos and doing blogs should be a piece of cake right? If I just work in the mornings someday, then I have all night to blog and video. If I only work at night, then I can make videos and blog the first half of the day. It's perfect!! Once I get on a set schedule at work I can figure out all the details but I'm thinking two blog posts a week and two videos a week. But I think maybe it would be beneficial to have my blog posts different from my videos and still put up my videos on here as well. Or I can just do picture versions of my videos? I'm not really sure. But I definitely want to start getting more into it. One a week was hard enough on top of school and a job, but now I feel as though this should be super!!

These are my goals for the time being.. I hope I don't disappoint. I also hope that maybe I'll get some followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment