Saturday, December 22, 2012

Away...

Oh please please, don't hate me. I have been out of commission for a bit. I recently have just gotten my wisdom teeth out so I have legit not washed my hair in a good week. Gross? Yes. But whatever judge away. Today I did my hair, and instead of blow drying it, I let it air dry, and then I used my flat iron to curl bits of it. I personally feel as though I have "mom hair" today, but I think it's just the glasses and the sweater I was wearing. I think I might have to look more into ways of doing my hair with my flat iron...

For a flat iron, I have a pink Chi. I have had it for a few years. It isn't my favorite high-er-ish end straightener but it does good by my hair. I have been through a few Paul Mitchell's which I swear by, but after the 3rd recall they have back on them about 3-4 years ago, I figured it was time for a brand change. The next straightener I'm thinking I would invest in, once this one poops out on me, is probably a GHD. I heard tons of brilliant things on these. As we all know Christmas is approaching fairly soon, which obviously means I need to get my hair and makeup and outfit figured out for this lovely Christmas day.

I shopped around at target yesterday with my mom looking at curling irons, and I just can't decide which would be the best option for me. I am thinking the small pink remmington conical wand is what I will be going for, but I'm just not sure about it. I have the larger one, which I LOVE for my long hair... but this short hair, and that wand do not get along. My sister swears by the smaller one and her hair is the same length as mine. She's also not as "hair savvy" as I am, as I am the one who introduced her into purchasing a conical wand and showing her how to use them. It's on sale right now for about $21 so I feel as though it is a great deal, but what if it doesn't look good?! I can't remember for the life of me how I used to do my hair... I've been looking at tons of tutorials on youtube, and most have said to use a straightener and to NOT curl the bottom or you will compromise length a lot. So here is what I tried today... let me know what you think of this look?

Please don't tell me I look like your typical "mom" bleh.


I realize this isn't exactly the most attractive photo and my cheekies are a bit swollen, but I just cant decide if I like this or not??

XO -Stacey

Ps. DEFINITELY a tutorial of some sort for my Christmas look, probably OOTD pics along with Makeup of the day.... but first, on my break tomorrow at work, I have to go purchase that conical wand.. ARGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment