Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The BIG day

Alright friendies, I have made the appointment to cut off my hair. I am devastated, yet excited for the tame lion mane I will acquire.  I will miss my hair dearly, but this means, I can easily track my hair growth much better starting tomorrow.

Starting the 12th of each month, I will have my boyfriend measure the length of my hair. After a few months, we should be able to determine if my hair grows at an average rate of 1/2" per month, a slower rate, or a faster rate. I think that will be in general interesting for me to look at, as well as maybe giving you guys along the way something to think about if you're planning on growing your hair out or cutting it off.

My plan with my hair stylist is going to be this... Hey Hannah, here is the shortest my longest layer can be. (at the collar bone I'm thinking, that way I don't have to go through that super awkward stage of growth) The rest she can do whatever she would like. I'm seriously so whatever about my hair it is ridiculous. Basically my moto is 'hair is hair' if something goes wrong with it, it can be cut, colored, striped, and whatever else until you eventually like it. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and let it grow back out. Which is what I plan to do. Suck it up, cut it, and endure the consequences of a perm gone wrong.

I think with my shorter hair, will come some step-by-step picture tutorials about how to style, or attempt to style this hair length. It might come with some hair fails, which I will be happy to share as well, but I know there will definitely be some trial an errors with hair here. It's been awhile since I've had shorter hair, but even then I straightened the crap out of it, and I do not want my hair to go through that kind of damage again.

I will have some first thoughts posted up here tomorrow, along with before and after pictures. Can't wait to have my hair in good condition!!

Goodbye Lovely Locks!!
One year from tomorrow, I give myself challenge of getting my hair back to this gem above. (2009)

XO-Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment