Friday, December 28, 2012

Curly Short Hair... WIN

Alright... I was going to do a Christmas hair and makeup thing cause it was the Holidays and why the hell not!? But yesterday... Yesterday I did it. I conquered the unknown of short curly hair. Am I going to be able to accomplish this look again and maybe with each time perfect it? Goodness I hope so because I am so excited that it worked. Want the secret?

First I washed my hair. I added a bit of Moroccan oil to the ends and combed it through. Then I used this Treseme curl enhancing gel and ran it through roots to ends, and did the same with Treseme curl enhancing mouse. I blow dried my hair until it was ALMOST dry. It still had some damp pieces in it which gave it a nice wave. I added a TEENY TINY bit more mouse in it. (If you add too much your hair will be crunchy) I let it air dry the rest of the way and then I brought out that new curling wand.

Now, I used to do this like 5 years ago when my hair was really long, I would just enhance random pieces of my hair with a curing iron or straightener because there's always those one pieces that are a bit frizzy or a bit flat. So that's exactly what I did. I look random pieces around my head, and curled them. It took me maybe 10 minutes max but that is pushing it. The trick is that you HAVE to use the natural texture your hair already has. Don't try to make a bigger curl, if your hair doesn't piece that way. Use the same size that your hair texture allows so some of them are small, some medium, some large. Does this make sense at all? Let me try to explain differently...

After you have diffused you hair, it already has some body and waves right? Well, pick up a wave. It should have a chunk of hair anywhere from a cm to an inch attached to it that is "waving" now CURL THAT! Do that with random pieces that look as though they need a little extra oomph all the way around your head. Here is my finished product...




Do you see this?! It worked!! The pictures don't do is justice. It looks sooo good. Even today after I woke up, it's still perfect without any touch ups. The last picture was at midnight. I had a table sit there and talk for two hours after we closed... so I was sitting around taking pictures of myself. But this is how it ended up. and I am so excited to keep this up! It looked so perfect and I got so many compliments.

XO-Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment